COVID outbreak: resources to assist providers
The current outbreak of the Delta variant of COVID-19 across much of Australia has highlighted the importance of infection control and preparedness within the disability sector.
Disability service providers have proven amazingly diligent and resourceful in maintaining high quality services and protecting their participants throughout the pandemic period. And that makes today’s news that people within disability accommodation have been infected just that little bit more difficult to hear.
Please do not hesitate to contact NDS if we can in anyway assist with your COVID preparedness.
NDS COVID-19 hub
Our COVID hub has been steadily growing with links to authoritative advice and resources, and we encourage you to use this facility as a ‘one-stop shop’.Among other topics, the hub contains links to:
- NDIA and NDIS Commission advice including outbreak management
- Health department advice and resources including for support workers
- Workplace and business advice
- Vaccine advice, resources and the related Department of Health Provider Alerts
- The Victorian response – containing material developed with funding by the Victorian Government, that will be helpful for providers nationally. See the page section responding to an outbreak, the immediate response documents developed by SCOPE Australia, and the Snap lockdown checklist
- In addition, resources developed to assist with business continuity and infection prevention and control
- COVID related eLearning
For any enquiries, please contact Karen Stace, Senior Manager State and Territory Operations, submit enquiry/feedback, 0409 948 530