Health Department Advice
Australian Department of Health
The Commonwealth Department of Health provides the official alert status of the virus in Australia. The site includes daily case and situation updates as well as broad advice for consumers and health professionals.
- How and when to wear PPE video for disability support workers
- 'how to wash and dry hands' poster may be useful for your workplace
- Information for Disability Support Providers and Workers
Materials targeted to people with disability and providers, which includes:
- Guidelines for outbreaks in Residental Care Facilities
- Infection Control Training - COVID-19, relevant for all support workers, including those in disability and aged care.
State and Territory health departments
State and Territory health departments provide local information and resources. As COVID-19 responses vary throughout Australia, Providers should regularly check State and Territory health department websites relevant to them.