Contact and Complaints
If your query is regarding the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) please contact them directly on 1800 800 110 or go to their website: www.ndis.gov.au
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NDS staff are working from home. It is unlikely that we will be able to attend the offices to regularly clear the mail and instead encourage you to send all correspondence via email. For general queries, submit enquiry/feedback.
On this page:
- General Enquiries: submit enquiry/feedback
- NDS Helpdesk: https://www.nds.org.au/helpdesk
- Conferences and Events: submit enquiry/feedback
- Accounts team: submit enquiry/feedback
- CEO: Laurie Leigh
- Executive Assistant to CEO: Charlie Heywood submit enquiry/feedback
- Postal Address: PO Box 20637, World Square NSW 2002
State and Territory Offices
ACT (Registered Office)
Locked Bag 3002
33 Thesiger Court
Ph: 02 6283 3200
New South Wales
PO Box 20637
Ph: 02 9256 3111
PO Box 1107
Nightcliff Community Centre
Ph: 08 8941 0634
PO Box 15292
Ph: 07 3828 9400
PO Box 10466
Little City Coworking
Ph: 08 8154 3700
GPO Box 1639
Wotso, Suite 2, Ground Floor
Ph: 03 6212 7300
Ph: 03 8341 4300
PO Box 184
12 Lindsay Street
Ph: 08 9242 5544
- Phone: 02 6283 3205
- submit enquiry/feedback
National Disability Practitioners (NDP) Team
- Phone: 02 9256 3188
- submit enquiry/feedback
Learn and Develop
- Phone: 03 8341 4307
- submit enquiry/feedback
Making a complaint
- Complaints about NDS or NDS staff
- Complaints about a Service Provider
- How to report suspected abuse
- How to report suspected fraud
- The NDIS
National Disability Services (NDS) is Australia's peak representative body for non-government disability service organisations. Collectively, NDS members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS is committed to ensuring people can exercise their right to lodge a complaint and to have their concerns addressed in a way that ensures access and equity, fairness, accountability and transparency.
Complaints about NDS or NDS staff
NDS consults with the sector to determine a policy position or to gauge views about an issue. A person may lodge a complaint if a consultation process was not followed or if the process was flawed; but not simply because the outcome of the consultation was not in line with their position.
A complaint can be made to NDS about the delivery of NDS services or the behaviour of personnel.
Your complaint will be treated with the utmost care and referred to the appropriate member of the senior leadership team for review.
Please note, people have the right to make complaints anonymously, however being able to identify and contact the complainant may assist in any investigation undertaken.
Reasonable steps will be taken to protect personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, disclosure or any other misuse during the complaint handling process. However, NDS cannot give an assurance of absolute confidentiality, given statutory obligations and principles of natural justice.
Complaints about a Service Provider
If you are comfortable to do so, a complaint regarding a disability service provider should first be discussed with the organisation directly. They should listen to your concern and do their best to remedy the situation. If this is not possible, complaints should be referred to:
- the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission)
- the appropriate state or territory authority if the provider is not registered with the NDIS, or
- local police (to report suspected abuse).
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission: For complaints regarding NDIS-funded services - call 1800 035 544 or complete the online complaints form.
Also see the NDIS Commission page on how to make a complaint about a provider.
Not all service providers are registered with the NDIS. If you have a complaint about a service provider that is not registered with the NDIS then refer to the appropriate state or territory authority:
- ACT: ACT Human Rights Commission. Complete the online form or phone (02) 6205 2222
- NSW: Ombudsman New South Wales. Complete the online form or phone (02) 9286 1000
- NT: Health and Community Services Complaints Commission. Complete the online form or phone 1800 004 474
- QLD: Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors. Complete the online form, phone 1800 491 467 or email email@example.com
- SA: Heath and Community Services Complaints Commissioner. Complete the online form or phone 1800 232 007
- TAS: Health Complaints Commissioner Tasmania. Complete the online form or phone 1800 001 170
- VIC: Disability Services Commissioner. Complete the online form or phone 1800 677 342
- WA: Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO). Complete the online form or phone 1800 813 585
How to report suspected abuse
Contact local police, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission 1800 035 544, or the National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline 1800 880 052
How to report suspected fraud
Contact the NDIS hotline 1800 650 717, or email fraudreporting@NDIS.gov.au. More information can be found on the NDIS Website.
For complaints or feedback about dealing with the NDIA, complete the online form found on the NDIS website or email firstname.lastname@example.org