ACT social media program to promote COVID vaccinations kicks off
What you need to know
- Promotion runs September and October
- Feature your clients, support workers and other staff
- Monthly prizes for the top three posts, plus a bonus prize for the post judged best overall
Open to all ACT providers, NDS is running a special promotion across September and October to boost vaccination uptake.
We invite you to get behind the Territory’s COVID-19 vaccination program by sharing photos and stories of participants, support workers and other staff in your organisation who have received one or two doses of the vaccine.
Sharing these photos via your social media channels will send the message that getting vaccinated is a great thing to do and assist in helping overcome vaccine hesitancy.
Simply post any photos on your organisation's social media account/s with the hashtag #togetherwevax
Great monthly prizes
If you needed any encouragement, each month we will choose the top three posts and reward the people featured with a $100 gift voucher. Then, at the end of the program we will select best overall post where the people featured will receive a $250 gift voucher, as will the employing organisation. (Terms and Conditions)
Some ideas for photos are:
- A participant/s who has received the vaccine
- Participants and family members who have received the vaccine
- A support worker/s who has received the vaccine
- A client with their support worker who have both received the vaccine
- Other staff members who have received the vaccine - individually or in groups.
- Group shot of all those vaccinated in your workplace
Don't forget that you will need written permission to share pictures from the people featured in your 'hero' shot.
Please note that the photo does not have to be taken at the time of vaccination, and in fact it has been suggested that it is better to share photos that do not show the needle.
Also note that a simple caption accompanying each photo is fine - it’s not necessary to write a long story, although you can if you like! If you wish, you can access ACT Health social media frames to use in your posts.
Check out the 'vaccination hero' photo and story featuring Dougie Herd (Executive Director of Community Connections and prominent ACT disability advocate). This post was made by the ACT Health media team and appeared on their Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
It would be wonderful if you could share it via your own social media pages with the hashtag #togetherwevax. Although it won't be in the running for a prize it is a great way to kick off the program. Can't wait to see your posts!
- Participation in this promotion is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is hosted by National Disability Services (NDS) and is open to all ACT Disability Support Organisations and individuals who are clients or employees of these organisations.
- Those over the age of 18 years, and meeting the criteria above, can participate. Those under the age of 18 years can participate with consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- This is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the prize winner/s. Entries are judged based on their creative merit.
- At 5pm on the last day September and October 2021, each monthly competition will close. At 5pm on the last day in October the entire competition will close.
- Judging will take place in the week following the monthly and entire competition close dates. Winners will be contacted by telephone by NDS and will then receive an email confirmation on the same day.
- Prizes are as follows: Monthly Prizes $100 gift voucher for each of the top three entries; Overall competition winner $250 gift voucher for the winning entry and $250 for the employing organisation.
- Prizes will be delivered to winners at their place of employment no later than two weeks after the monthly and entire competition close dates.