Vic COVID-19 Update: Restrictions ease from tonight
What you need to know
- Restrictions will ease in Melbourne and regional Victoria from 11.59pm Thursday, 10 June
- Non-residential Community services are permitted to open with restrictions
- NDS has created a video to encourage vaccine uptake.
The Victorian Government has announced new restrictions in Melbourne and regional Victoria from 11.59pm Thursday, 10 June.
Some key points for providers are:
- There are no restrictions on leaving your house and the travel radius has been expanded from 10km to 25km
- Masks must still be worn indoors and outside
- No visitors are allowed in homes
- Travel further than 25km is allowed for work, education, care and caregiving and vaccinations if required.
- Travel to regional Victoria is prohibited
- Workplaces in both the public and private sector can re-open (25 per cent or up to 10 people if the total workplace is 40 or less). However, if you can work from home, continue to do so.
Non-residential Community services are permitted to open with the following restrictions:
- one person per 4 square metres
- maximum 50 people in any venue
- maximum group size of 10 people
Some key points for providers:
- Travel is permitted throughout regional Victoria
- Travel to metropolitan Melbourne is permitted under Melbourne restrictions
- Visitors are limited to two people and their dependents per day
- Non-residential disability services must adhere to a density limit of one person per 4sqm, a maximum of 10 people per group and 75 people per venue.
- Workplaces in both the public and private sector can re-open (50 per cent or up to 20 people if the total workplace is 40 or less). However, if you can work from home, continue to do so
Vaccine hesitancy video
NDS has released “COVID Vaccine – Getting it done in disability”, a video to assist providers in encouraging staff and participants to get a COVID-19 vaccine.
The short video shows a person with disability, sector professional and a disability union representative going to receive their vaccination, explaining their decision and why it is important to them. Share our Facebook and LinkedIn posts with your staff, participants and their families!