COVID-19 changes to WA restrictions
The WA Government has announced changes to restrictions from midnight Friday, 30 April. Some minor restrictions will need to remain in place for a further seven days - until 12.01am Saturday, May 8. This will take WA to the end of the incubation period of the virus from the last known case in the community. Of note for WA disability service providers:
- Masks will be mandatory for indoor public venues, including in the workplace and on public transport. Masks will only need to be worn outdoors where physical distancing is not possible. For example at Optus Stadium, or at an outdoor fete. The same exemptions apply, including for medical reasons.
- Anyone who has been in the Perth or Peel regions since 17 April, but has since travelled to another region must also wear a mask subject to the above conditions.
- One household can visit a patient per day in a hospital, aged care or disability facility.
- A 30-person limit applies in all homes for private gatherings.
For the full list of conditions and to receive the latest information visit the WA Government website.
NDS has spoken to many of our members over the past week. We know the sector continues to do what it has always done in these difficult circumstances to ensure people with disability are supported. It is this commitment and resilience that makes the disability sector in WA so unique.
The Australian Government Department of Health issued a Disability Provider Alert on 23 April with information about the rollout of the vaccine for people with disability living in residential accommodation eligible under phase 1a and an update on how disability workers can access the vaccine.
This week the WA Government has rolled out a new campaign, ‘Roll up for WA’ aimed at getting as many Western Australians vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Further information, including details about eligibility and vaccination, is included in the Media Statement.
To book a vaccine appointment, call 13 COVID (13 26843).
To book into a GP, GP respiratory clinic or other Federally-funded providers, visit the COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker which shows all available bookings.
- COVID clinics - Testing locations
- Locations visited by confirmed COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 preparedness guide developed by the COVID-19 disability taskforce with the Department of Communities.
- NDS COVID-19 hub for information and resources including PPE
- The Department of Communities Disability Taskforce information and resources