Lean Transformation In-house Workshop Two: The Basics of Lean Problem Solving and Improvement
Scheduled by arrangement.
In partnership with Lean Enterprises Australia, NDS is proud to offer The Basics of Lean Problem Solving and Improvement as part of a suite of workshops for strategic leaders and managers.
Some people think about lean as a set of tools to remove waste, but lean is much more than that – it is a complete management and improvement system that combines a lean mindset, set of practices and tools. This combination is what sets lean apart from other improvement models.
The Basics of Lean Problem Solving and Improvement can either be done as a stand-alone workshop or as a program comprised of the following three workshops (delivered in two three-hour sessions across two days):
- The Basics of Lean Thinking and Practice (2 x 3-hour sessions)
- The Basics of Lean Problem Solving and Improvement (2 x 3-hour sessions)
- The Basics of a Lean Management System (2 x 3-hour sessions)
These workshops are based on the Lean Transformation Model (adapted by John Shook, President of Lean Global network) with five key elements that must be addressed in any transformation.
Workshop Two: The Basics of Lean Problem Solving and Improvement
This workshop, split into two sessions delivered one week apart, is highly interactive with simulations and activities. During this workshops participants will examine:
- Types of problems
- Structured problem solving
- Small step improvement
- Solving problems in teams using value stream mapping
- Creating an environment and culture for solving problems
- Complimentary analysis and ‘future state’ tools for improving flow and quality.
Through theory, case studies, simulation and exercises participants will gain:
- a basic understanding of problem types and a tool for triaging problems
- a basic appreciation of how to undertake small step improvement and team problem solving
- a basic understanding of A3 thinking and the uses and components of an A3
- a basic understanding of the requirements needed to create an effective system for Lean problem solving and improvement
- a basic understanding of commonly used tools for improving flow and quality.
Who should attend?
NDS recommends that strategic leaders and managers are most suited to attend.
Minimum participants: 8
Maximum participants: 20
In house delivery by two facilitators - pricing is per organisation
- NDS Member $4,000 +GST
- Non Member $6,000 +GST
10 per cent discount is available for booking multiple workshops (all costs are GST exclusive)
1 x workshop: Member $4,000; Non-member $6,000
2 x workshops: Member $7,200; Non-member $10,800
3 x workshops: Member $10,800; Non-member $16,200
For any enquiries, please contact Learn and Develop at submit enquiry/feedback