Manual Handling In-house Workshop
*If you are currently looking for online training, register for our eLearning modules here: Manual Handling for Disability Support Workers
The face to face manual handling course is a full day course usually from 9.30am – 4.30pm. The outline of the course is as follows:
- Module 1: Hazardous Manual Tasks & Risk Management
- Module 2: Hazardous Manual Tasks and Injuries
- Module 3: Manual Handling Techniques
- Module 4: Practical Application: Domestic Tasks
- Module 5: Practical Application: Basic People Handling
- Module 6: Practical Application: Specific Handling Tasks
Equipment needs generally are a bed and hoist with sling, wheelchair-van and car if required and a wheelchair. Slide sheets and transfer belt will be brought to the training by the trainer. Due to infection control requirements, we are also requesting organisations provide masks, gloves and sanitiser/disinfectant.
The group size limit is generally 12-16 and the room size will need to comply with physical distancing requirements for both practical and theory components.
As an in-house delivery, our facilitator Sue Smith would conduct a briefing call before looking at specific areas of focus relevant to your needs.
Workshop costs for in house delivery are:
Full day NDS Member $2,245 + GST
Full day Non-Member $3,368 + GST
Sue is based in Sydney therefore travel costs from Sydney will be charged at cost to the organisation.