Consumer Choice, Dignity and Risk
This three-hour interactive workshop, will give you the confidence to support a client's dignity and life choices whilst successfully meeting accreditation standards and defending your duty of care as a service provider.
As a one-off event, NDS is offering a virtual Consumer Choice, Dignity and Risk workshop as an opportunity for organisations to send staff to create a supportive and compliant care environment.
Enabling service providers to create a supportive and compliant care environment.
- Human rights in relation to client choice and the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework.
- Choice – what it means and its benefits
- The 'Empowerment Circle' - supporting client choice and avoiding abuse
- Dignity of risk and duty of care in practice
- Documenting choices - achieving legally defensible informed decision making
- Restricting choices – using the 3 'L's to ensure legal requirements are met
Take away practical strategies to:
- Support client choice in real life scenarios
- Document informed decision making and choices
- Confidently meet your duty of care and achieve the best outcomes for clients, your organisation and yourself This workshop is compliant with
- NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- NDIS Practice Standards: Rights and Responsibilities, Independence and Informed Choice
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
In House Delivery (currently zoom):
- 1 x 3 hour session (up to 20 people max): NDS Member: $2,015 + GST
- 1 x 3 hour session (up to 20 people max): Non-Member: $2,795 + GST
- 2 x 3 hour sessions on the same day: NDS Member: $3,627 + GST
- 2 x 3 hour sessions on the same day: Non-Member: $5,031 + GST
Additional participants when restrictions are lifted are (capped at 30 in total)
- NDS member: $93 + GST
- Non-Member: $129 + GST
Presented by: Preventing Harm Initiative
PHI is a Specialist Training and Risk Management Company for Aged, Community, Disability and Mental Health Services.