Consumer Choice, Dignity and Risk
This three-hour interactive workshop, will give you the confidence to support a client's dignity and life choices whilst successfully meeting accreditation standards and defending your duty of care as a service provider.
Enabling service providers to create a supportive and compliant care environment.
- Human rights in relation to client choice and the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework.
- Choice – what it means and its benefits
- The 'Empowerment Circle' - supporting client choice and avoiding abuse<
- Dignity of risk and duty of care in practice
- Documenting choices - achieving legally defensible informed decision making
- Restricting choices – using the 3 'L's to ensure legal requirements are met
Take away practical strategies to:
- Support client choice in real life scenarios
- Document informed decision making and choices
- Confidently meet your duty of care and achieve the best outcomes for clients, your organisation and yourself
- NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- NDIS Practice Standards: Rights and Responsibilities, Independence and Informed Choice
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
In House Delivery (currently zoom):
- 1 x 3 hour session (up to 20 people max): NDS Member: $2,015 + GST
- 1 x 3 hour session (up to 20 people max): Non-Member: $2,795 + GST
- 2 x 3 hour sessions on the same day: NDS Member: $3,627 + GST
- 2 x 3 hour sessions on the same day: Non-Member: $5,031 + GST
Additional participants when restrictions are lifted are (capped at 30 in total)
- NDS member: $93 + GST
- Non-Member: $129 + GST
Presented by: Preventing Harm Initiative
PHI is a Specialist Training and Risk Management Company for Aged, Community, Disability and Mental Health Services.
NDS is offering four Virtual Consumer Choice, Dignity and Risk workshops as an opportunity for organisations to send staff to discuss supporting a client’s dignity and life-choices while meeting your duty of care. We recommend sending one or two people to participate in the workshop and then engage with us for an in-house workshop where examples specific to your organisation can be shared and discussed.