Assist with Medication - Online Theory
This online theory course provides learners with the essential knowledge required to safely and effectively assist clients with medications and manage medication contingencies in the workplace.
This includes knowledge of:
- the legal framework that supports safe medications and the roles and responsibilities of those involved;
- basic medication terminology including abbreviations, naming conventions and instructions;
- different forms of medications and how they are handled, administered and stored in the workplace;
- the characteristics of commonly prescribed medications in the workplace;
- the 10 rights of medication safety;
- applying safe work practices when assisting with medications;
- assisting clients who self-administer their own medications; and
- managing medication incidents, contingencies, reporting and documentation requirements.
Please note this course is NOT a nationally recognised unit of competency.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for anyone who, as part of their work role, is required to assist clients with medications, complete medication documentation and handle medication contingencies in the workplace.
Fee structureIndividual access: $35 plus GST for 12 months.
Volume discounts are available upon application.
Online eLearning Module - duration: 120 minutes
Proudly distributed in partnership with Cerebral Palsy Alliance: Training Alliance