Ticket to Work
Ticket to Work takes a partnership approach to improving employment outcomes of young people with disability.
What are the key benefits?
- Ticket to Work is an NDS initiative that works to improve employment outcomes for young people with disability.
- Ticket to Work is preparing students with disability for the world of work through a collaborative approach.
- Local Ticket to Work Networks are operating across Australia.
- Since 2014, Ticket to Work Networks have supported over 1,600 young people into after school work, School based Traineeships and Apprenticeships.
Who is this resource for?
Ticket to Work promotes local partnerships to create better post-school social and economic outcomes.
The following case study video is valuable for employers, employment consultants / DES providers, schools, young people and their families. It is also a great story for the broader disability sector showcasing how connecting a student with disability to the world of work through a collaborative approach can have a positive impact for all involved. Visit the Ticket To Work website for more stories.
The National Ticket to Work team:
- Supports the Ticket to Work networks to implement evidence based good practice
- Offers resources and learning materials to support Local Ticket to Work Networks
- Connects Local Ticket to Work Networks to share ideas, innovation and support
- Undertakes a range of evaluation and research
- Advocates on behalf of members with government and peak bodies