With the shift to personalised funding for disability supports, the introduction of the NDIS is placing significant pressure on service delivery to be more customer-centric than ever before. Lean NDIS pricing and the industrial relations environment add to these challenges.
The disability workforce needs to grow to meet the demand under the NDIS. Employees at all levels of an organisation will likely need to work differently, with more flexibility and efficiency.
Through the NDIS Sector Development Project, NDS will support Victorian disability organisations with strategic guidance and insights into new and innovative ways to tackle workforce issues that arise during NDIS roll out. We have supported organisations in this field for the last few years and, throughout this process, we have gained valuable knowledge and expertise in how organisations can support staff through change. This experience has also allowed NDS to develop a range of resources aimed to support and improve workforce management.
Below are some resources and initiatives you can use for workforce development under the NDIS.
- The NDS Workforce Hub: All workforce resources developed by NDS are housed in our Workforce Hub. Here you can find practical tools, guides, reports and toolkits that can support organisations to build, optimise and develop their workforce.
- Workforce Wizard: NDS’s Workforce Wizard enables organisations to enter workforce data quarterly; benchmarking their workforce ratios against other organisations in the disability sector and other comparable sectors. The Wizard also helps build a comprehensive picture of the sector’s workforce trends, offering greater insights to the user.
- Innovative Workforce Fund Projects: Learn more about projects funded through the Innovative Workforce Fund. This fund is closed for applications, but there is a lot to learn about innovative workforce practice from the projects that did receive funding.
- Carecareers: This not-for-profit initiative aims to attract talented and passionate people from all backgrounds to work in the disability, community and aged care sectors. It offers a range of resources for jobseekers and employers to support the development of the workforce for the future.
- National Disability Practitioners (NDP): NDP is an initiative of NDS and a leading association for disability practitioners, with a community of more than 14,000 members. With its purpose to inspire, develop and support the Australian disability workforce, NDP’s website offers a suite of resources to inform, recognise and support its members in their day-to-day practice and in the transition to the NDIS.
Workforce Videos and Webinars