In Conflict? How to transform conflict using futures methods, with Professor Ivana Milojević
This resource is an opportunity for yourself and/or your personnel to participate in a professional development session with an international thinker in the field of conflict transformation, Professor Ivana Milojević.
- Understand how conflicts arise, escalate and what can we do to transform conflicts
- Further develop capabilities in identifying and responding skilfully and mindfully to conflicts
- Learn guidelines into conflict prevention as well as post-conflict repair and recovery
There has never been a more important time than now to cultivate greater capabilities in identifying and responding skilfully and mindfully to conflicts, as individual leaders, as organisations and as a sector. The COVID-19 health pandemic is creating more potential sources of conflict and intrapersonal (inner) and interpersonal conflicts are increasing. How well we manage these tensions will significantly shape the futures that others and we experience.
In this resource, Professor Ivana Milojević presents on conflict transformation and covers:
- The why and how of conflict, including how conflicts arise, escalate and what can we do to transform conflict;
- How we can constructively use the past and the future to resolve conflicts, rather than framing them;
- Leading participants through a process to transform their own unique conflict (or conflicts participants have observed);
- Using futures methods to understand, frame and re-frame the existing conflict, deescalate, minimise or transform it; and
- Guidelines into conflict prevention as well as post-conflict repair and recovery.
Webinar running time: 01:29:32
About the Speaker:
Professor Ivana Milojević is a futurist, researcher and educator with a background in sociology, gender, peace and futures studies. Ivana has been an Adjunct Professor and Visiting Professor at Australian and international universities; author of over seventy journal articles and book chapters; and author, co-author and/or co-editor of a number of academic books. Ivana presents and facilitates workshops for governmental institutions, international associations, and non-governmental organisations in Australia and internationally. She is the Director of Metafuture, a global think-tank and Metafuture School.
For any enquiries, please contact Lisa Fraser, Senior Sector Development Officer, 0417 723 653, submit enquiry/feedback