Diversifying Disability Employment
- Increased employer confidence and capacity to attract, recruit, employ and retain people with disability
- Diversify the range and increase the quantity of employment options available for people with disability in Tasmania
- Build awareness of disability employment and increase the workplace’s capacity to provide inclusive and safe work environments
Who is this for?
DES providers, potential employers and job seekers with disability.
The Diversifying Disability Employment project is designed to build awareness of disability employment in Tasmania and increase the workplace’s capacity to provide inclusive and safe work environments. The project will increase employer confidence and capacity to attract, recruit, employ and retain people with disability by:
- Delivery training sessions, to both human resources and management teams, providing information and materials
- Working with participating employers to review recruitment policies and practices ensuring that they are inclusive and accessible, particularly in relation to employing people with disability
- Conduct workshops across 12 employers, delivered to all levels of staff, that intend to develop skills regarding the employment of those with disability and increase a workplace’s capacity to provide an inclusive and safe environment.
- Development of a system to allow the collection of data relating to desired training opportunities, employment, and career pathways for those with disability.
- Minimum of 12 meaningful employment facilitated by participating employers.
Expressions of interest will begin shortly.