NDS Disability Career Planner and Capability Framework
The NDS Disability Career Planner and Capability Framework defines the skills, knowledge and capabilities required by all major job roles across the disability sector.
The Career Planner is a visual and interactive tool that clearly articulates career opportunities and job requirements. The Capability Framework outlines the skills, knowledge and capability requirements for all major job roles in the disability sector. Collectively these resources provide:
- Consistent and transparent framework that underpins all people management strategies;
- Clear career opportunities and pathways;
- Defined skills, knowledge and capabilities required at different levels.
Who is this resource for?
- Individuals currently working in the sector or looking to join.
- Human Resource professionals and organisational leaders involved in workforce planning and engagement.
This resource is free to any organisation working in the community care sector.
Introducing the Workforce Capability Framework (13.40 mins)
Designing and re-designing jobs and job structures using the Workforce Capability Framework (11.30 mins)
Supporting performance and development using the Workforce Capability Framework (14.45 mins)
These publications are copyright. All rights reserved. Except as provided in the Copyright Act 1968 (Commonwealth), no use of this work, which is within the exclusive right of the owners, may be made. Intellectual property rights of the Disability Career Planner and the Capability Framework are jointly owned by National Disability Services Ltd and PeopleAdvantage Pty Ltd.
The development of these resources has been funded by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services.