Business Analysis Tool
This tool outlines three aspects of person-centred business design principles, to support NDIS providers to check compliance requirements, enhance outcomes for people with disabilities and improve organisational performance.
Key benefit points
- The tool includes a range of ideas for innovation, financial sustainability and onging improvement.
- Provides a number of checklists that providers are able to use to review their systems across key organisational domains.
- The tool is able to be adpated to suit all organsations regardless of size, complexity and involvement in the NDIS.
Who is this for?
The resource is aimed at all providers operating in an NDIS environment.
The Business Analysis Tool has been developed to assist National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) providers to be flexible and thrive in the context of the NDIS framework.
It is based on three previous National Disability Services (NDS) resources, with updates to reflect the current and future NDIS environment.
The background resources are:
- NDS’s Development Toolkit for Non-Government Providers (2015) – Information about transitioning to the NDIS
- NDS’s Business Processes Guide (2017) – Information about the systems and processes in NDIS-ready organisations
- NDS’s Financial Ratios (2017) – Tools to promote financial performance and sustainability
This document is also a companion resource with two new NDS guides:
- NDS’s Quality and Safeguards in the NDIS – Information about complying with the requirements of the NDIS Commission
- NDS’s People with Disability and Supported Decision-Making – Information about supporting the rights of people with disabilities to make their own decision
NDS hopes that these three new documents provide practical and thought-provoking information for NDIS providers.