Work Health and Safety - New harmonised laws for WA
- This presentation covers the key changes and the impacts on the regulatory environment.
- Background to the journey of harmonisation
- The new WHS Act and regulations
- The implications for disability services providers
About the resource
As of March 2022, Western Australia’s new Work Health and Safety Act 2020 (WHS Act) was implemented. This brings all WA workplaces under one single Act, harmonising WA with Australia’s other states and territories (excluding Victoria).
This Act replaces:
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984
- WHS elements of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994
- WHS elements of the Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Safety Levies Act 2011
Who is this for?
Senior leaders, HR managers, Boards, team leaders, and supervisors.
Video length: 39 minutes