NDS Quality and Safeguards Sector Readiness Project WA
The NDS Quality and Safeguards Sector Readiness Project supports disability service providers in Perth metropolitan WA, to meet the requirements of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
To achieve this NDS delivers innovative and tailored support in 3 core areas:
- information provision
- delivery of training
- specialist consultancy support
Perth metropolitan disability service providers can access the following services free of charge:
- WA Quality and Safeguards Monthly Newsletter with the latest information about upcoming workshops and newly developed resources. Subscribe to the newsletter
- Assistance with your quality and safeguarding queries from our team of sector specialists.
- Resources and tools designed to assist organisations to improve their quality systems and practices, resulting in high quality and safe services for people with disability.
- Online interactive workshops and events led by specialist consultants and focused on key areas of quality and safeguarding such as audits, risk management, positive behaviour support, safeguarding and strategic planning.
- Specialist consultancy to assist providers to address quality and safeguarding systemic issues. Our consultants have assisted providers with:
- Governance support for boards and senior leadership to understand the impacts of the NDIS Practice standards
- Audit advice from an NDIS auditor in audit preparation and addressing non-conformities
- Policies and procedure gaps analysis and support putting policy into practice
- Navigating processes for re-registration, incident reporting requirements and NDIS workers screening
- Online training for your team tailored to the specific needs of your organisation in areas such as complaints and incident management, preventing and responding to abuse and neglect, risk management and positive behaviour support and elimination of restrictive practices.
- NDS Community of Practice - a bi-monthly peer-led forum for NDIS disability service providers in WA to share information and have opportunities to problem solve and to learn from each other, on matters relating to person-centred practice, positive behaviour support, quality and safeguarding.
To access any of the services or resources offered to WA providers by the WA Quality and Safeguarding team, please get in touch: submit enquiry/feedback.
Who is this for?
Registered disability service providers in Western Australia, specifically Perth metropolitan area.
This project is funded by the Government of Western Australia - Department of Communities
For any enquiries, please contact Carmen Pratts-Hincks, Program Manager-Quality and Safeguarding, show phone number, submit enquiry/feedback