Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Guide and Toolkit
This Guide and Toolkit has been developed to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment across the disability sector.
This resource assists organisations with a mix of information and tools across two main aspects to effectively recruit and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples:
- Stage 1: Organisational Readiness
- Preparation of the workplace
- Stage 2: Employment Strategies
- The Organisational Self-Assessment and Continuous Improvement Plan Tool assists organisations to identify their strengths, areas for improvement and actions required as related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment.
- This resource also guides organisations through the process of becoming more culturally responsive. Importantly, this will also assist them in better meeting the cultural needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples with a disability.
Who is this for?
These resources are suitable for:
- Disability service organisations
- as well as other organisations involved in employing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
This resource can be downloaded as one full document or as separate documents below.
Employment Guide and Toolkit:Download PDF (8 MB) Download Accessible (5 MB)
For any enquiries, please contact Jacquie Daisley, Project Manager - Workforce WA, 08 9208 9854, submit enquiry/feedback