NDS submission: Review of Skills for Victoria's Growing Economy
I need to know this because:
- NDS calls for greater coordination of training initiatives
- NDS calls for the removal of disincentives to people want to move into disability work
- NDS calls for improvements in training quality
- NDS calls for greater support for people with disability to gain employment
The disability sector is growing rapidly, and is reliant on the state's post-secondary education and training system to produce workers with appropriate skills and knowledge to enable them to provide quality services to people with disabilities.
The Review's Issues Paper provides a broad outline of some of the challenges facing the VET system, and acknowledges the perspectives of the varying stakeholders in the system. Pleasingly, the Paper recognises the disability sector and its rapid workforce growth.
The NDS submission discusses four issues relevant to the VET system and the disability sector:
- Need for greater coordination of training initiatives
- Removal of disincentives to people wanting to switch to disability work
- Training quality
- Supporting people with disability to gain employment