WA Disability Support Awards 2021: Nominations close in 4 weeks!
What you need to know
- Nominations close at 5.00pm on Tuesday, 1 June 2021
- The WA Disability Support Awards provide an opportunity to recognise significant contributions and excellence
- Depending on the category, nominees can be individuals, a team or an organisation
- NDS is holding nomination masterclasses for anyone who would like tips and support with writing a nomination
Nominations close at 5.00pm on Tuesday, 1 June 2021.
The WA Disability Support Awards celebrate the significant contribution of individuals and teams who support people with disability to achieve their goals. They recognise and reward people who go beyond ordinary standards of service and provide the highest standard of individualised support to people with disability. The Awards also provide an opportunity to recognise excellence in leadership and innovation to continuously improve disability supports and create better outcomes.
This year the seven award categories are:
- Emerging Leader
- Excellence in Home and Family Support
- Excellence in Innovation
- Excellence in Regional Support
- Excellence in Rights Promotion – Supporting Choice, Control and Capacity Building
- Excellence in Supporting Employment Outcomes
- Excellence in Supporting Inclusion and Citizenship
Depending on the award category, nominees can be individuals, a team, or an organisation. The nomination form and guidelines can be downloaded from the Disability Support Awards website.
NDS recently chatted with 2016 Award Winner Renae Hartmann about how the award helped propel her career in the disability sector. View the video of the interview with Renae.
Nomination Masterclass workshops
Not sure how to get started? Need tips and support with writing your nomination or want to give your nomination its best chance?
Register for the online Nomination Masterclass workshop on Tuesday, 18 May 2021.