Tasmanian Disability Services Sector Election Asks
What you need to know
- NDS has outlined five key priorities for political parties
- The State Government needs to invest in the fast-growing disability sector
- The Tasmanian State Election is on Saturday, 1 May
NDS has outlined key priorities for political parties to commit to ahead of the upcoming state election on 1 May 2021.
The disability sector is one of the fastest-growing sectors in the state and it is essential the State Government invests in a sustainable future.
Tasmanian 'Disability Sector Asks' include:
- Ensure that all Tasmanians with disability receive the services and support they need to live an ordinary life
- Commit to supplying affordable, accessible housing for people with disability
- Funding for continued workforce development
- Ongoing peak body funding
- Government procurement commitment NDS encourages members to reach out to your local candidates to advocate for the needs of our sector.