Seeking feedback on the Victorian Multi Purpose Taxi Program
What you need to know
- The Victorian Parliament is running an inquiry into the Multi Purpose Taxi Program (MPTP).
- The inquiry will examine, amongst other things, how exploitation of vulnerable users will be prevented, the financial impacts of the program on services within the broader disability sector, and the impact of the expansion of the program to include rideshare service providers on MPTP clients.
- NDS has been invited to make a submission to the inquiry.
- NDS is seeking feedback from providers to inform this submission by Friday, 18 June 2021.
The Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry into the safety standards of the Multi Purpose Taxi Program, being undertaken by the Victorian Legislative Assembly’s Economy and Infrastructure Committee will:
- Review the minimum safety requirements for vehicles operating within the MPTP scheme
- Consider a mandatory maximum fare rate across all MPTP work;
- Examine how rorting and exploitation of vulnerable users will be prevented;
- Assess the financial impacts to services within the broader disability sector and how this will be managed;
- Examine pathways for the industry to absorb major change post-COVID-19
- Ensure proper probity and good governance are applied following careful consideration and reporting of all possible ramifications of consultations with both industry and disability stakeholders; and
- Assess the impact of the expansion on MPTP clients, taking into account feedback on the expansion from Victorians with disability and the disability sector.