Have your say on the Hospital Stay Guideline
What you need to know
- The Hospital Stay Guideline has been reviewed by the Disability Health Network in partnership with the Ready To Go Home project team
- The Hospital Stay Guideline is open for public comment until 21 January 2022
- Visit Hospital Stay Guideline Consultation, Western Australia Department of Health, to have your say
The draft Guideline is now open for public comment. It outlines a best practice approach for managing the hospital experience of people with disability. The Guideline has been expanded to include information for people with disability, their families, support networks, and carers.
The Ready To Go Home project team encourages service providers, people with disability, family members, carers and support networks to provide feedback on the updated, draft Guideline.The draft Guideline consists of:
- Part 1: for people with disability, families and carers (an easy read version will be produced following this consultation)
- Part 2: for Disability Service Organisations and support workers
- Part 3: for hospital staff
Feedback collected will be used to further improve the guideline to assist in the delivery of safe and quality care for people with disability in hospital.
Please provide your feedback via Hospital Stay Guideline Consultation, Western Australia Department of Health, before Friday, 21 January 2022.
The Ready To Go Home is funded by Department for Social Services: Information Linkages and Capacity Building initiative.