WA COVID-19 Update
WA Disability service providers are playing an essential and valued role in assisting to manage the pandemic. We know you, our members are busy adapting to the rapidly changing lockdown situation and continuing to provide essential services and support to people with disability in our community.
NDS is working closely with the WA Government to ensure the disability sector and people with disability are well supported during the current situation and so that we can provide you with up to date important information.
We are currently seeking clarification regarding essential worker travel across the regions and will update you as soon as possible.
The NDS team in WA is working from home and ready to support your organisation during this time. If you have any concerns or if you require assistance we encourage you to email submit enquiry/feedback.
NDIA website updates
The NDIA has today updated its website with the following information:
- Latest advice for WA
- Connecting and helping participants
- Health and Safety
- Payments and Billing, note providers can either invoice the NDIA directly or participant’s plan for PPE use.
- Information for providers
- Price guides and pricing
The Department of Communities Disability Taskforce has collated a range of information and resources to assist the WA disability sector to prepare and respond in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak.
A reminder if your organisation requires masks, please email Stephanie Williams at Department of Communities with the following information:
- The name of your organisation
- A contact person / phone number / email
- The number of staff
- The number of vulnerable people that you work with / who may come into your centre or service
- Your physical address for the distribution of the masks
Perth Hills bushfire
As you would be aware there is a bushfire in the Perth Hills. Our thoughts are with members, people with disability, staff and everyone affected. We urge members in fire-affected areas to keep abreast of fire information. NDS has a Bushfire Information and Support Hub.
Other helpful links:
- WA Disability sector preparedness guide
- NDS COVID-19 hub for information and resources including PPE
- Latest updates from the WA Government
- Information on what is an essential worker, essential health services and essential providers
Please keep us informed about any particular issues impacting on your ability to deliver services so that we may assist in resolving them. Stay safe everyone and thank you for the great work you do in the WA community.
For any enquiries, please contact Julie Waylen, State Manager WA, 08 9208 9805, submit enquiry/feedback