Victorian providers offer support for NDIS participant appeals
A number of Victorian providers offer advocacy and support assistance to NDIS participants who are seeking review of NDIA decisions through the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).
The services of a support person are provided by the National Disability Advocacy Program (NDAP), funded through the Commonwealth Department of Social Services. Access to a skilled support worker to act as an advocate is available, as well as, in the case of complex and novel legal issues, access to legal assistance.
A support person can help by:
- Explaining the review process, including what is involved pursuing an appeal to the AAT;
- Assisting with the preparation of the required documents;
- Providing advice and skills so the person who is lodging the appeal can better represent themselves;
- Attending AAT conferences and hearings to help the person to put their case to the AAT.
Victorian NDIS Appeals Providers are:
- Action on Disability within Ethnic Communities
- Action for More Independence & Dignity in Accommodation Inc.
- AED Legal
- Disability Justice Advocacy
- Grampians Disability Advocacy
- Leadership Plus
- Rights Information and Advocacy Centre
- Victorian Mental Illness Awareness Council Inc.
- Villamanta Disability Rights Legal Service Inc.
More information on NDIS Appeals can be found on the DSS website or by emailing .