Victorian Disability Awards 2018 finalists announced
The 2018 Victorian Disability Awards finalists have been announced!
Thank you to everyone who took the time to nominate an individual, team or organisation. It’s so important to celebrate those leading the way to create a fairer, more inclusive community.
NDS members are very well-represented in the list of finalists. We congratulate everyone, and particularly those NDS members who are finalists in 2018. Once again, the quality of this year’s nominations was outstanding.
This year’s award ceremony will take place on 16 August. Good luck to all finalists!
The finalists are as below:
Emerging Leader Award
- Frank Cutuli - The Bridge
- Marie Allen - Vision Australia
- Nazim Erdem OAM - AQA Victoria
Excellence in Creating Inclusive Communities
- Bandmates Victoria - Maribyrnong City Council
- Great Ocean Stays, Jim Blackburn - Disabled Wintersport Australia
- Myrtleford Rural Intensive Program - Interchange Outer East
- Quippings Performance Troupe - Quippings
Excellence in Employment Outcomes Award
- Able Bakehouse - Melba Support Services
- Arts Project Australia, Knoxbrooke social enterprise: Yarra View Nursery - Knoxbrooke Incorporated
- Accessible Information Service - Scope Australia
- Yooralla–Schneider Electric Benalla Supported Employment Partnership - Yooralla
- Blind Sports and Recreation Victoria team - Blind Sports and Recreation Victoria
- Emelia Young - Yooralla
Excellence in Promoting Rights, Fairness and Safety
- Speak Up and Be Safe from Abuse team - Scope Australia
- Tim McNeill - People Outdoors
- Helena Gillies - Brite Services
- Hilary Johnson - Scope Australia
- Ivan Peterson - City of Whittlesea
- Jan Ashford - Communication Rights Australia
- Justin Marshall - Guide Dogs Victoria
The full list of 2018 finalists is available online. Please visit the Awards website for more information.