Vic QR check-in code Mandatory from 23 April
What you need to know
- QR codes will be mandatory in Victoria from 23 April for centre-based services
- Providers can use the free Victorian QR code or their existing check-in system if it is a recognised digital application
- Providers using other QR applications must check if their system is compliant
- Following advocacy by NDS, your staff are not required to manually enter another person's details
The mandatory use of QR codes in Victoria will come into effect on 23 April for a range of businesses and workplaces, including centre-based services.
Any providers using other QR code applications must check if their system is capable of interfacing with the Victorian Government. If it is not compatible, please register for the Victorian Government QR code service. Remember, the 28-day compliance amnesty finishes next Friday.
Registering with Victorian Government QR Code service
Providers choosing to use the Victorian QR code service need to have registered their site.
After registering, an email will be sent with a QR code embedded on a poster, which includes information to help visitors check-in quickly. Providers with multiple sites will receive QR code posters for each site. Posters must be displayed for use by all people (including staff) who have the capacity and/or a device.
Data collected through the Victorian Government QR code service is stored under security protection similar to Medicare and retained for 28 days only. Information can only be accessed by the Victorian COVID contact tracing team during a COVID-19 contact tracing effort.
Set up the QR code
- Access the free Victorian QR code check-in system at Coronavirus Victoria.
- Ensure all contact numbers entered in the registration process are mobile numbers for immediate contact outside of business hours.
- Ask staff to encourage and support individuals who have not previously used a QR code check-in
For any enquiries, please contact Heather McMinn, Disability Sector Consultant, 0448 395 495, submit enquiry/feedback