Remove state filters
Global Menu
Main Menu

Latest News

News update
News update

COVID outbreak: resources to assist providers

NDS’s COVID-19 hub is a one stop shop with links to authoritative advice and resources to assist providers.
News update
News update

SA COVID-19 Update: Level 5 lockdown restrictions

The South Australian Government announced a Level 5 stay at home order for seven days from 6:00pm 20 July following the latest outbreak of COVID-19.

Traffic light permit system for travel into Victoria

Reads: COVID-19 News Update


Effective 11 January, DHHS has established a travel permit system for anyone travelling to Victoria, based on areas designated green, orange or red, according to risk.

The traffic light permit system applies to Victorian residents who are returning home from interstate as well as visitors to Victoria. Permit applications can be made online.

Exceptions to the rule

Disability service providers in border communities should note that NSW border residents are exempt from obtaining a permit.

Emergency workers, including care facility workers who need to cross the border, do not need a permit but must carry a letter from their employer stating the need for travel.

Screening Processes

In addition to identifying arrivals from the Greater Brisbane hotspot, service providers should ensure screening processes can identify anyone who has arrived into Victoria from an Orange Zone.

Anyone arriving from an Orange zone:

  • Must not be permitted access to sites.
  • Must get tested within 72 hours even if they have no symptoms, and must remain at home or their place of accommodation until advised by DHHS of their test result.

DHHS request providers email the contact details of those who require testing to

A list of COVID-19 testing sites and further information regarding COVID-19 is available on the DHHS website or by calling 1800 675 398.

Anyone travelling from a Red Zone is not permitted to enter Victoria without an exception, permitted worker permit or exemption.

Public Transport Users

Public transport users are encouraged to register their Myki cards to support contact tracing efforts. Myki cards can be registered on the Public Transport Victoria website.

Contact information

For any enquiries, please contact Heather McMinn, Safer and Stronger Disability Sector Consultant, 0448 395 495,