Tasmanian Disability Services Sector Election Asks
What you need to know
- NDS has outlined five key priorities for political parties
- The State Government needs to invest in the fast-growing disability sector
- The Tasmanian State Election is on Saturday, 1 May
NDS has outlined key priorities for political parties to commit to ahead of the upcoming state election on 1 May 2021.
The disability sector is one of the fastest-growing sectors in the state and it is essential the State Government invests in a sustainable future.
Tasmanian 'Disability Sector Asks' include:
- Ensure that all Tasmanians with disability receive the services and support they need to live an ordinary life
- Commit to supplying affordable, accessible housing for people with disability
- Funding for continued workforce development
- Ongoing peak body funding
- Government procurement commitment NDS encourages members to reach out to your local candidates to advocate for the needs of our sector.
For any enquiries, please contact Alice Flockhart, State Manager Tasmania, 0409 834 345, submit enquiry/feedback