Quality and Safeguarding Development Program launching in WA
NDS in WA is offering a development program to assist 20 small and
medium-sized disability service organisations in developing their internal
quality and safeguarding mechanisms to the highest level, with support from
With the introduction of the NDIS and the various trials across Australia, the focus on quality and safeguarding has dramatically increased. Of particular note is the expansion of one-to-one support in people's homes and the community, which will pose new challenges in terms of safeguarding people with disability. The introduction of the national Quality and Safeguarding Framework will also require a range of compliances from service providers in the NDIS environment.
The Quality and Safeguarding Development Program is open to all small to medium-sized Disability Service Commission-funded disability service organisations and will run from February, providing an opportunity to reflect and share experiences and embedding strategies to strengthen the disability sector.
Each participating organisation will have the opportunity to build systemic and meaningful change to further develop quality and safeguarding practices that align with the National Standards for Disability Services.
Through this program organisations will be able to:
- Participate in Quality Services, Safeguarding and Complaints Handling workshops
- Identify specific areas of organisational strength and areas for quality improvement
- Obtain organisation-specific learnings, mentoring and practical support
- Access to the full suite of quality and safeguarding related resources developed and/or sourced by NDS and consultants
- Your organisation’s annual turnover is $13 million or less
- Your organisation’s capacity to complete the five-month program