Only one week until registrations close for Disability at Work 2019!
Time is running out to register your attendance to our flagship disability employment event in 2019 – the Disability at Work Summit! This year’s summit will run over two separate days at the Hilton Adelaide. Day One will focus on open employment and Day Two on supported employment. Registrations will close on Friday, 14 June 2019, at 5:00pm AEST.
An exciting and comprehensive program will delve into the most current and pressing issues for the sector and allow active participation by Summit delegates in discussion and debate.
The open employment day will explore topics including:
- The impact of the DES program reforms one year on, presented by Stewart Thomas of the Department of Social Services
- The interaction of the NDIS with DES and the work of the Employment Participant Taskforce, presented by Jeannie Hodges of the NDIA
- The place of micro-enterprises in the range of disability employment options
- Developments in assistive technology for jobseekers and workers with disability
- The application of best practice in transition to employment supports
The supported employment day will investigate, among other things:
- How the NDIS is implementing a renewed focus on workforce participation for people with disability
- Possible wage determination outcomes in supported employment
- Measurement of qualitative outcomes for supported employees
- The experiences of five supported employees and what their work means to them
- What the future holds for the supported employment model and its ongoing evolution, including a presentation by Dr Ken Baker of the NDIA
The Summit’s keynote presentation will be delivered on the evening of Day One by inspirational philanthropist and multiple gold medal-winning Paralympian, Katrina Webb. The Summit Networking Event will follow Katrina’s address and include the presentation ceremony for the BuyAbility Above and Beyond Awards and the Disability Employment Excellence Awards.
Register now so you don’t miss out! Registrations close on Friday, 14 June 2019 at 5:00pm AEST.
We look forward to catching up with you in Adelaide.