NSW COVID-19 Update: Support announced for NSW providers whose workers are required to be vaccinated
What you need to know
- The payment is available for eligible providers with workers living or working in NSW LGAs of concern
- Registered providers delivering specified supports will be eligible
- $100 per worker per dose can be claimed retrospectively for vaccinations received since 23 August
- Providers can bill the NDIA directly
The support is available to registered providers that deliver supports in the following areas:
- Daily personal activities
- High intensity daily personal activities
- Assistance with daily life tasks in a group or shared living arrangement
- Participation in community, social and civic activities
Where eligible, a payment of $100 per worker per dose, can be claimed retrospectively for any vaccinations that a worker has received since 23 August 2021, claimable directly from the NDIA.
NDS welcomes this initiative which recognises the additional costs that providers incur in supporting their staff to be vaccinated. We will continue to advocate for measures that support the vaccination of all staff delivering direct support to NDIS participants.
Additional detail on how providers are able to claim this payment from the NDIA, including the documentation required, will be available on the NDIS website.
Obtaining a vaccination
- Priority Pfizer vaccination appointments at the Sydney Olympic Park Qudos Bank Arena Vaccination Centre to support eligible workers to meet the new requirements. Priority appointments in some LGAs are also available.
- Priority Pfizer vaccination appointments are available for all authorised workers aged over 16 living in LGAs of concern.
- Workers aged 16-59 who live in or work in areas of concern can continue to access priority vaccines.
Other options include:
- Commonwealth vaccination teams are providing Pfizer vaccinations to residents and staff either at group homes or in vaccination hubs located at disability provider locations.
There are also a number of providers who are hosting vaccination hubs to support people with disability and workers to obtain a vaccine. Any providers hosting vaccine hubs are strongly encouraged to contact COVID19VacTFDisabilityServices1A@Health.gov.au to provide details of their vaccine hub so that this can be distributed.
- NSW Health COVID-19 Disability Service Providers webpage
- For Providers - COVID-19 | NDIS website
- Australian Government Department of Health - Disability provider Alerts
- Australian Government Department of Health - Providing disability support services during COVID-19
- Australian Government Department of Health - COVID-19 vaccine information for disability service providers
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources for health professionals, including aged care providers, pathology providers and health care managers
- NDS COVID-19 hub for information and resources including PPE