Nomination support available for 2017 WA Disability Support Awards
There are only six weeks left to nominate for the 2017 Disability Support Awards. Not sure how to get started or need support writing your nomination? NDS WA is offering support and feedback in a number of ways.
- Attend one of our free Nomination Masterclass workshops in early February
- Send us your nomination form before COB Friday 10 February 2017 to receive valuable guidance and feedback to strengthen your nomination
- Email any questions to
People with disability, families and carers or staff in disability sector organisations are encouraged to make nominations for the awards.
The Disability Support Awards recognise and reward excellence by people who provide support of the highest standard to increase quality of life and inclusion for people with disability.
The categories for the Awards are:
- Excellence in Personal and Community Support
- Excellence in Improving Participation
- Excellence in Leadership
- Excellence in Improving Employment Opportunities
- Excellence in Regional Support
- Excellence in Advocacy and Rights Promotion
This year, the Awards also feature a new award category for demonstrating outstanding achievement in disability support: the Overall Award for Excellence. This category cannot be nominated for; The winner will be drawn from the winners of the other six categories.
The nomination form and guidelines for the Awards are available on the Awards website. Nominations close at 5pm on Friday 24 February 2017.