New NDIS Price Guide and Support Catalogue Released
The NDIA has released version 2.0 NDIS Price Guide and Support Catalogue, valid from 1 December 2019. The following changes have been made:
MMM reclassified locations
Six Modified Monash Model (MMM) geographical locations have been reclassified as MMM 6. These include;
- Merredin, South Boulder and Victory Heights in Western Australia
- Hay South in New South Wales
- Comet in QLD
Short Term Accommodation (STA) extended to respite supports
The price guide introduces the term respite, extending the definition of Short Term Accommodation to include instances where support is required in response to the needs of the carer. This support may also be delivered in-home with the participant, giving the carer the opportunity to take a break from their usual caring responsibilities. The price limits for STA items have been increased.
New – Medium Term Accommodation and Assistance (MTA) 01_082_0115_1_1
This new support allows NDIS participants to claim accommodation costs from their NDIS plan for periods of up to 90 days. This support covers the costs of accommodation only and all other NDIS supports are claimed separately. Participants are responsible for everyday expenses like food and general items. The funding for this line item starts at $126.26 per day in MMM regions 1-5.
According to Federal Minister Stuart Robert’s announcement on 2 December 2019, the following are examples of when claiming MTA might be suitable:
- Bridging accommodation for younger participants who are at risk of being admitted to Aged Care, or those who wish to leave aged care, while they wait for home modifications or identified specialist disability accommodation.
- Participants who are ready to leave hospital but are waiting for disability-related home modifications to be completed on their house.
- Participants who have been found eligible for specialist disability accommodation but are awaiting on a vacancy or build to be completed.
Assistive Technology and Consumables Code Guide
This guide has been updated to incorporate changes to quotable items and the addition of disability-related health equipment and consumables. The term respirator has been changes to ventilator to reflect the preference of the sector.
Other minor changes include clarification of a number of health support item descriptions within Core, two new Dietitian support item numbers and other slight terminology changes. Refer to the latest version of the NDIS Price Guide and the Support Catalogue for the full list of changes.