NDS's Quality and Safeguarding virtual conference - program now available
NDS is pleased to release the program for the ‘Quality and Safeguarding: the future of safer services and improved quality’ virtual conference.
This one-day, national virtual conference will be held on Wednesday, 12 May 2021 then accompanied by three masterclasses on Thursday, 13 May 2021.
Facilitated by NDS as part of a ‘Quality Service Provision’ month of activity, this conference will bring together people with disability, disability providers, industry experts and government to explore a world beyond frameworks and processes, to identify actions that will ensure the safe delivery of services.
With a mix of theory and practice, strategic considerations and issues on the ground, this conference is relevant for anyone working in the sector.
Early bird registrations are now open until 8.00pm AEST on Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Keynote: 'How can Royal Commission recommendations and findings support the move to safer services?' - Robert Fitzgerald, NSW Ageing and Disability Commissioner, Ageing and Disability Commission
- The International Perspective: 'How regulation can improve an entire system' - Ian Trenholme, CEO, Care Quality Commission, UK
- 'Active support is quality support' - Professor Christine Bigby, Director, Living with Disability Research Centre Chair, Academic Board, School of Allied Health, Human Services & Sport, La Trobe University
- Person Centred Quality: 'How can great teams drive great support?' - Helen Sanderson, CEO, Helen Sanderson Associates
- Panel discussion: 'Every moment has potential for …catastrophe. How can we build high-reliability organisations?' The panel includes Professor Nicholas Lennox, Professor in Adult Intellectual Disability Medicine, Queensland Centre for Intellectual and Developmental Disability and will be facilitated by Alan Hough, Director, Purpose at Work
All presentations will be available on-demand for 12 months after the conference.
Register now! Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of the discussion.