Launching tomorrow! The Essentials: Briefing and Masterclass online series
What you need to know
- The Essentials is an online series of briefings and masterclasses that will start on 23 September and run over three weeks
- Sessions are recorded for on-demand access, covering key issues and emerging themes
- Registrants will receive complementary on-demand access to ‘NDS Hot Topics – What is keeping providers awake at night?’ when registering for any other session
The Essentials online series consists of 16 ‘deconstructed’ hot topic briefings and masterclasses, facilitated over three weeks. Choose your own program by selecting one or several individual sessions.
The week of sessions includes:
- 23 September: What’s keeping providers awake at night? With Interim CEO, Laurie Leigh
- 27 September: HR Hot topics, presented by Anna Pannuzzo, Director, WorkPlacePLUS
- 29 September: Work Health and Safety and Clients: A new frontier for WHS?, facilitated by Dr Alan Hough of Purpose at Work
- Person-Centred Emergency Preparedness, presented by Michelle Villenueve, Associate Professor, Centre for Disability Research and Policy, The University of Sydney
- 30 September: Outcomes of the SCHADS Review: what are the impacts? Presented by, Michael Pegg, Industrial Relations Consultant
- 30 September: DES Review, presented by Ben Gauntlett, Disability Discrimination Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission and George Sotiropoulos, Group Manager, Disability Employment Services Taskforce, DSS
- 1 October: How service providers can utilise the supports in employment pricing to enable NDIS participants greater choice and control in their pursuit of employment options, presented by Jo Collins, Branch Manager Market Innovation & Employment, NDIA and Mary Hawkins, Branch Manager Quality and Provider Network, NDIA
Plus much more! Unpack the full program today.
How does it work?
The Essentials series are online, live-streamed briefings and masterclasses. Each session is interactive. We’ll be listening to your comments, concerns and feedback. Let's use the power of our ‘hive mind’.
Tickets include ongoing access to an on-demand platform, so if you can’t make a session, recordings and complementary resources will be available for 3 months. Please note: you will need to register to access the on-demand platform.
Who should attend?
The series is specifically for middle managers, senior managers, and CEOs in the disability sector who want to stay up-to-date on key issues and emerging themes, and the work underway to address them. More than 500 delegates are expected.
The Essentials series is designed with flexibility in mind, so that even the busiest managers in our sector can stay on the pulse.
Our first session will be an opportunity to hear from Laurie Leigh, Interim CEO, NDS and other members of NDS’s management team, on the hot topics that are keeping providers awake at night. NDS is pleased to offer this session FREE and on demand to all NDS Members, Organisational Associates and Industry Supporters when any other briefing or masterclass ticket is purchased (one briefing ticket per transaction).
Register a group of three and receive a 10% discount*.