International Day of People with Disability Grants – closing Friday 22 September
Developmental Disability WA is offering up to $1000 in sponsorship funds to support organisations and groups to hold inclusive community events or activities on or around International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD).
Celebrated annually throughout the world on 3 December, the recognition day aims to increase public awareness, understanding and acceptance of people with disability.
The WA theme for 2023 is 'My Life, Our Community'.
This sponsorship funding aligns with the vision of A Western Australia for Everyone: State Disability Strategy 2020-2030 to build a more inclusive Western Australia and empower people with disability to participate meaningfully in all parts of society.
Sponsorship amounts of $250, $500, $750 and $1000 are available for organisations to deliver community events or activities, such us: disability festivals, sporting events, disability forums, workshops, seminars, award ceremonies, art, music, dance and other cultural events.
- Applications open: 25 August 2023
- Applications close: Midnight, 22 September 2023
- Notification outcome by: 16 October 2023
Who is eligible to apply?
Organisations based or operating in Western Australia that are:
- An incorporated, not-for-profit or non-government organisation
- A local government authority
- An un-incorporated organisation or community group, applying through the auspice of an incorporated body or a local government authority. For example the Armadale Community Choir auspiced by the City of Armadale.
Applications to be submitted online and close at midnight, 22 September 2023.
To apply and for grant guidelines go to Developmental Disability WA
Any further information contact Beth Marchbank on 9420 7203 or email email@example.com
Please note: Applications received after the closing date, will not be accepted.
This initiative is proudly supported by the Government of Western Australia Department of Communities.