Disability at Work Summit will target essential employment issues
Disability at Work 2019 has been recast as an employment summit, designed to take a targeted approach to the essential issues in employment. It will examine innovative ways for providers to operate in a rapidly-changing policy and service provision environment.
The 2019 summit will be held on two consecutive days; the first focusing on open employment and the second on supported employment. The summit program will enable analysis of the most current and pressing issues faced by the sector. It is designed generate discussion among you, our members.
Open employment issues covered on day one will include:
- DES providers’ experiences of the new service model
- The effects of rebalancing employment assistance fees and outcome fees
- The latest on the review of the assessment tool
- An update on the Eligible School Leaver pilot
The supported employment day will investigate, among other things:
- New pricing/funding arrangements under the NDIS
- Progress on the FWC’s approach to wage determination
- Access for people with disability to supported employment
The Summit will include an update on the work of the NDIS Participant Employment Taskforce. Delegates will also be able to directly discuss essential employment issues in question and answer sessions conducted in a world café format.
We will provide more information on the Summit as it approaches.
Don’t miss your opportunity to directly drive the summit agenda - the call for papers has been extended until Friday 29 March 2019. Please visit the Summit webpage to find out more.