Disability at Work Summit 2019 registrations open!
Registrations are now open for the Disability at Work Summit 2019, our flagship event on disability employment. The Summit will be held on 20 and 21 June 2019 at the Hilton Adelaide. The initial Summit program will be released in mid-April.
The Summit’s theme for 2019 is ‘More than just a job’, and the Summit will also deliver above and beyond this year.
Here are just a few reasons to attend:
- We’ll give you a detailed examination of the first year of the operating environment in the new DES Framework: The Summit is being held almost twelve months after the commencement of the new DES contract. The Department of Social Services (DSS) will provide an in-depth view of the data trends, while a plenary presentation will examine a survey of DES participants who have accessed providers during this turbulent period.
- Hear about the findings of the government’s NDIS Participant Employment Taskforce: The NDIS Participant Employment Taskforce will have wrapped up its work by the middle of 2019. Hear from the Taskforce’s policy experts as they look back on their findings and discuss their recommendations designed to ensure that NDIS participants can more effectively gain and retain employment.
- Attend the Disability Employment Excellence Awards and the Above and Beyond Awards: The Employment Excellence Awards promote the significant contribution Disability Enterprises and Disability Employment Service providers make in improving the lives of people with disability. The very popular Above and Beyond Awards celebrate the fantastic efforts of Supported Employees who continue to go ‘above and beyond’ in their commitment to their work. The Award presentations will be held during a networking event on the evening of the first day of the Summit.
- Actively participate in the Summit: This year’s Summit format will allow attendees to be more actively engaged.
- Day One will focus on open employment and the wider aspects of employment support provision including supports for entrepreneurs with disability and transition to work supports.
- Day Two will examine issues in Supported Employment such as the new NDIS pricing model, the future of wage-setting, measurement of qualitative outcomes and how Disability Enterprises can position themselves more effectively in the marketplace.
- World café sessions will be held on the afternoon of both days, seeking provider input on how the open and supported employment models can evolve to assist people with disability access a wider range of quality employment options.
- Network with fellow providers, exhibitors and industry supporters: Share experiences and opinions with your fellow providers at the Summit and use the opportunity to consult with a wide range of exhibitors and industry supporters committed to enhancing our members’ provision of products and services for people with disability.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to be informed and engaged in the latest on disability employment!