COVID-19 Vaccines available for Disability Support Workers in Tasmania
What you need to know
- COVID-19 vaccinations available for disability support workers in Tasmania
- Call the Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738 to book an appointment
- Clinics with available appointments are located in Hobart, Launceston and Latrobe.
- NDS is hosting an information session with Tasmanian Vaccination Emergency Operations Centre (TVEOC) on Wednesday, 5 May
COVID-19 Vaccine bookings
The Tasmanian Government is prioritising access to the COVID-19 vaccination program for disability support workers. The vaccine is free and available for workers yet to receive the first dose.
Workers can book an appointment by calling the Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738 and inform the operator that they are a disability support worker.
Once the appointment has been made, notifications and reminders will come directly from the Tasmanian Vaccination Booking System.
Clinics with appointments available now are located in:
- Hobart (Royal Hobart Hospital and Wellington Clinic)
- Launceston (Launceston Regional Hospital)
- Latrobe (Mersey Community Hospital).
Please be aware that wherever the first dose is received will also be the location for the second dose three weeks later. Appointments for the second doses will be made when booking the first.
We strongly encourage all providers to promote to your staff the opportunity to be vaccinated for their own protection as well as those they support.
Anyone with concerns about the vaccine should consult their speak with their doctor or health provider.
TVEOC information session
NDS is hosting an information session with the Tasmanian Vaccination Emergency Operations Centre (TVEOC) who will provide an update on the vaccination roll-out for the disability sector and respond to questions.