COVID-19 interim restrictions for Perth and Peel regions
WA’s COVID-19 lockdown has ended, with a number of interim restrictions in place for the next four days. Of note for WA disability service providers:
- Masks must be worn in public, including at work, except for vigorous outdoor exercise or if exempt.
- Visits to hospitals, aged care and disability care facilities are restricted to compassionate grounds
- There are no restrictions on leaving the Perth-Peel region, however, anyone who has been in Perth or Peel since 17 April must wear a mask in public.
- Working from home is advised for those able to do so or those in vulnerable categories.
- Private indoor and outdoor gatherings are limited to 20 people.
- The 4 square metre capacity rule will be in place for all venues, except workplaces, public transport, schools and supermarkets.
For the full list of conditions and to receive the latest information visit the WA Government website.
The NDS office in WA will be open this week with a skeleton staff to support ACROD permit holders and Companion cardholders. NDS will keep members up to date as information comes to hand, please let us know of any issues impacting your ability to deliver services.
For more information
- COVID clinics - Testing locations
- Locations visited by confirmed COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 preparedness guide developed by the COVID-19 disability taskforce with the Department of Communities.
- Information and advice on the COVID-19 coronavirus for the community and businesses in Western Australia
- NDS COVID-19 hub for information and resources including PPE
- The Department of Communities Disability Taskforce information and resources