Your Essential Briefing - Program now available
The program for Your Essential Briefing is now available!
This year, our annual national seminar will be held as a one-day virtual event on Wednesday, 26 August 2020.
We will use an innovative virtual platform to enable us to continue to provide virtual opportunities to connect, learn and engage that our delegates have come to know, value and expect.
This virtual event provides an opportunity for disability service providers to be informed and collaborate on key topics in the disability sector.
You’ll be able to interact with speakers who will discuss:
- Overview: NDS CEO, David Moody, will address the hot issues currently facing the disability sector and what we need to do about them.
- NDIS pricing update: What does the Price Guide tell us about the NDIA’s approach to pricing? What are the implications for providers? Are you claiming for all you deliver?
- Royal Commission / Quality & Safeguards: Reflecting on previous experiences and the continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Increasing employment opportunities for people with disability: Will look at how our sector’s employers can lead by example and significantly increase employment opportunities in our own businesses. This is in response to the government’s commitment to improving the delivery of the NDIS so that at least 30% of working aged participants achieved their goal of employment.
- COVID-19 - challenges & rights: will explore how providers have been inventive and resourceful in continuing to meet participant needs during the pandemic. It will discuss the ways different providers have adapted to maintain quality services, and issues such as whether a participant can insist upon in-person service when an online alternative is available, and the reasonable steps workers can expect their employers have taken in keeping workplaces safe.
All this and more – in the space of one day plus all content will be available for 30 days on demand! Join us for this comprehensive catch-up.
For further information and to register, visit the event webpage