The Art of Support Coordination
As the disability sector landscape continues to change in Western Australia, people with disability and their families/carers are seeking various supports to navigate the NDIS to enable them to self-direct, exercise choice and control and achieve their goals for a good life.
Support Coordinators assist participants to navigate the NDIS, link with community and mainstream supports, service providers and government agencies. Support Coordinators play a significant role in helping participants to get the best outcomes from their NDIS funded plans.
What you will learn from this workshop:
- Background and context for Support Coordination in Western Australia
- Exploration of key NDIS concepts as they apply to the Support Coordination role
- Applying the “Lens of Possibility” - flexible and creative approaches in the NDIS
- How to walk alongside an individual as they navigate the Federal NDIS
- Breathe life into an individual’s NDIS plan – bringing it off paper and into reality
- Is it Reasonable and Necessary?
- Working in the NDIS world of Billable Hours
- Understanding Plan reviews and reporting requirements
- The Support Coordinators’ Peer Network in Western Australia
Who should attend?
This is a practical workshop for existing, new and aspiring Support Coordinators to learn about the Art of Support Coordination.
Date: Tuesday, 20 April and Wednesday, 21 April
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Location: 12 Lindsay Street, Perth - NDS Training Room
Cost (GST inclusive)