A significant step to disability employment confidence in your agency is ensuring recruitment policies and practices are inclusive and accessible. Accessible interviewing and advertising are just two key areas to consider.
Other avenues to increase disability employment include looking at the varied pathways to employment for people with disability and understanding the legislation which supports this.
1. Checklist: Accessible Interviewing
2. Checklist: Advertising Positions, JDFs and Recruitment Material
3. Factsheet: Application of WA Equal Opportunity Act, s66R
4. Factsheet: Customised Employment
5. Factsheet: Sharing Information Regarding Disability
6. Factsheet: Working with Disability Employment Providers
For any enquiries, please contact Sophie Keay, Project Officer - Building The Talent Pool, submit enquiry/feedback