Lean Transformation In-house Workshop One: The Basics of Lean Thinking and Practice
Available now - secure your booking for 2024.
In partnership with Lean Enterprises Australia, NDS is proud to offer The Basics of Lean Thinking and Practice as part of a suite of workshops for strategic leaders and managers.
Some people think about lean as a set of tools to remove waste, but lean is much more than that – it is a complete management and improvement system that combines a lean mindset, set of practices and tools. This combination is what sets lean apart from other improvement models.
The Basics of Lean Thinking and Practice can either be done as a stand-alone workshop or as a program comprised of the following three workshops (delivered in two three-hour sessions across two days):
- The Basics of Lean Thinking and Practice (2 x 3-hour sessions)
- The Basics of Lean Problem Solving and Improvement (2 x 3-hour sessions)
- The Basics of a Lean Management System (2 x 3-hour sessions)
These workshops are based on the Lean Transformation Model (adapted by John Shook, President of Lean Global network) with five key elements that must be addressed in any transformation.
Workshop One: The Basics of Lean Thinking and Practice
The Basics of Lean Thinking and Practice workshop, split into two sessions and delivered one week apart, is highly interactive with simulations and activities.
During this workshops participants will examine:
- The Five Principles of Lean Thinking
- Plan Do Check Act (PDCA)
- The lean ‘basics’ mindset, practices and tools for creating stability
Through theory, case studies, simulation and exercises participants will gain:
- an applied understanding of value from the perspective of the customer/client
- an applied understanding of basic process mapping
- an applied understanding of the lean wastes
- an applied understanding of the concept of PDCA
- a basic understanding of process measurement.
- a basic understanding of the lean mindset, practices and tools that will help to create stability in a work environment.
Who should attend?
NDS recommends that strategic leaders and managers are most suited to attend.
Minimum participants: 8
Maximum participants: 20
In house delivery by two facilitators - pricing is per organisation
- NDS Member: $4,140 plus GST
- Non Member: $5,540 plus GST
10 per cent discount is available for booking multiple workshops (all costs are GST exclusive)
1 x workshop: Member $4,140; Non-member $5,540
2 x workshops: Member $7,452; Non-member $9,972
3 x workshops: Member $11,178; Non-member $14,958