Nutrition and Unplanned Weight Loss: Preventing Malnutrition
Available now - secure your booking for 2023.
This workshop is in partnership with and facilitated by Preventing Harm Initiative (PHI).
Learn the recommended way to recognise, respond to, and manage nutrition risks to prevent malnutrition.
This course will step you through what you need to know to assess, investigate and respond to nutrition risks and improve the quality of care
Instructor Led Training (ILT) via zoom
Duration: One hour
- Know the sign and symptoms of unplanned weight loss and malnutrition
- Be aware of the causes of unplanned weight loss and malnutrition
- Learn how to assess unplanned weight loss and develop effective risk management strategies whilst waiting for specialist input
- Gain case study practice on investigating weight loss, developing just in time risk management strategies and monitoring improvement
This workshop is in partnership with Preventing Harm Initiative (PHI).
Who should attend?
NDS recommends that Nurses, and Support and Care staff within disability service organisations are most suited to attend.
- Member: $1225 plus GST
- Non-member: $1620 plus GST