Mealtime Management: Reducing Risks
Available now - secure your booking for 2023.
This workshop is in partnership with and facilitated by Preventing Harm Initiative (PHI).
Confidently recognise and respond to choking and swallowing risks. Understand what is recommended to reduce risk and what to do when the person you support chooses to not follow safety advice.
This course will step you through what you need to know to manage mealtime safety risks to meet quality standard requirements and improve the mealtime experience of the people that you support.
Instructor Led Training (ILT) via zoom
Duration: One hour
- Know the sign and symptoms of swallowing and choking risks
- Be aware of quality standard requirements in aged and disability care
- Learn the best practice methods of reducing risks and responding to choking
- Know how to use a mealtime management plan and implement specialist advice
- Gain case study practice of reducing risk and improving the persons mealtime experience
- Know what to do and document if a person chooses to not follow safety advice
This workshop is in partnership with Preventing Harm Initiative (PHI).
Who should attend?
NDS recommends that Nurses, Care and Support staff within disability service organisations are most suited to attend.
- Member: $1225 plus GST
- Non-member: $1620 plus GST