Let's Talk Disability In-house Workshop
For many, interacting with people with disability can feel challenging. You want to do the right thing, but if you're not sure what the right thing is, you're sometimes left feeling awkward. And with one in five Australians living with some kind of disability, not all of which are visible, it can happen more often than you’d think.
Let’s Talk Disability is a fun, interactive, half-day workshop that lifts the lid on that awkwardness. The workshop is led by people with disability whose honest, no-nonsense approach will have you laughing while learning.
Let's Talk Disability is:
- A three-hour interactive disability awareness workshop
- Delivered on-site at your selected venue
- Delivered by three or four presenters, all with lived experience of disability
- Offers a certificate of participation for each attendee
- Designed as a fun, interactive learning experience. Less about rules and regulations, and more about breaking down barriers surrounding disability
- It can cater for up to 30 participants
The workshop covers:
- Myths and misconceptions
- Disability etiquette
- Access, inclusion, respect, advocacy and attitude
- Language and terminology
- Disability throughout Australia over time
- Activities in small break out groups
- Q&A session with your team of presenters in a honest ‘ask anything’ manner
Key benefit points
- Break down barriers surrounding disability
- Increase confidence in working with people with disability
- Self-assurance and tools for communicating with people with disability
Who is this for?
Anybody who is new to working with people with disability:
- Business & corporate
- Public and private sector
- Hotel, venue and tourism staff
- Retail and hospitality
- Other interested groups
Find more at the Let's Talk Disability website: https://letstalkdisability.com.au/
For more info or to book a workshop, just contact Jillian Black, Programs Manager, on 0448 063 663, or at submit enquiry/feedback.