Communicating for Safety: Recognising and Communicating Change
Available now - secure your booking for 2023
This workshop is in partnership with and facilitated by Preventing Harm Initiative (PHI).
Build confidence in recognising changes and deterioration in the health, behaviour or abilities of the people you support. Understand what to look for and how to effectively communicate any changes.
This course will show you an easy way to remember what changes to look and listen for to protect yourself, and maintain the safety and wellbeing of the person you support.
Instructor Led Training (ILT) via zoom
Duration: One hour Course outcomes:
- Be aware of the benefits of identifying change in the person you support
- Know what to look and listen for when identifying change
- Use a simple method to remember what changes to be aware of
- Case study practice in small groups
- Instructor feedback on communicating change for safety
Who should attend?
NDS recommends that Care and Support Staff within disability service organisations are most suited to attend.
- Member: $1225 plus GST
- Non-member: $1620 plus GST